Mission: To provide excellent quality care and services for you and your equine partner.
- Started riding in Shrub Oak, NY in 1972 (3 ½ years old).
- Starting competing in 1973 on Tiny winning my first 1st Ribbon in the lead line class.
- At age 6 I rode at The Hill in Somers, NY
- At age 7 – 17 is when I got serious and started riding at Fox Hill Farm in Pleasantville, NY riding
with Kip Rosenthal and James Toon (JT) then with Jane Grenci & Kim Jacobs and later Jane
Grenci & Leslie Miller.
- The summers of 1984 & 1985 I evented at Vershire Riding School where I placed 6 out of 35 at
their National 3-Day event riding Training Level.
- The fall of 1986 I bought my big bay named, Step Right Up “Sinbad” (17.3 Thoroughbred) and we
qualified for Regional’s but didn’t compete due to my horse being injured.
- I choose college over Madison Square Garden and Sinbad and I headed to Radford University in
- 1987-1990 I competed and was Coach for the Radford University Intercollegiate Equestrian Team.
- The summer of 1988 I taught Lee Pokoik’s children (Alicia 7 & Davin 9) at his private farm in
Katonah, NY. Alicia and I spent the summer showing until I returned to college. That summer I
retired Sinbad who would spend his summers in VT and his winter’s in FL.
- 1990 I qualified for regionals – Open Collegiate Rider – Eastern Region with Kip Rosenthal judging
but a riding injury forced me to miss regionals.
- 1996 I moved to Atlanta and rode at Chastain Park Stables and other area barns and watched the
USA win Silver in the show jumping and 3-Day eventing.
- 1998 I moved back to New York, NY where I rode at Chelsea Pier Equestrian Center (closed 2000)
and then Claremont Riding Academy. I rode on the bridle paths in Central Park and competed in
the last Claremont horse show before the barn closed in 2004.
- 2004 – 2007 I rode at 4 barns: Twin Lakes Farm in Eastchester, NY; Fox Hill Farms in Pleasantville,
NY; Bergen Equestrian Center formally known as Overpeck Farm in Leonia, NJ and Boulder Brook
Equestrian Center in Scarsdale, NY.
- 2007-2010 Boulder Brook Equestrian Center became my main barn, where I taught beginners of all
ages, evaluation lessons, trained horses and hacked owners horses. I also participated in Michael
Page clinic on a borrowed boarder’s horse and competed in all of the schooling show series.
- 2011 my husband’s job moved us to Birmingham, AL where I rode at Fox Lake Farms and at
Windwood Equestrian Center. At Windwood I was the assistant trainer for the schooling program
under Lauren Stone, where we ran 3 very successful camp sessions along with a great summer
show season. Lauren returned to TX and I went to work for Holly Pennington’s Farm, Hunter Farms
where I ran stable operations. Setting up vets, farriers, pasture rotations, barn maintenance,
ordering hay & feed, sales of horses and vehicles, horse show organizations and grooming and
managing a budget and expenses.
- 2011-2014 we moved back to New York and I was back at Boulder Brook and became their Events
Coordinator – birthday party division reporting to Mary Houston. I also started riding another big
bay named Johnson.
- 2014 my husband’s career moved us to South Florida where I rode at Delray Equestrian Center but
found a home at Johnson Folly Farm with Kim Nadler Russo of Bramasole Farms and another big
bay named Heart.
|Tiny (1972) and Spanky (1984)